Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The creative process (modern version)


I created this impressionistic image through a process of several steps using a combination of Corel Painter Essentials 4 and Corel PaintShop Pro.












First, I painted this field and sky using the Seurat brush in Painter 4 (only turned 90 degrees).








Then, in PaintShop I took this old family photo and cut out the lady (g-g-aunt Sue)












and pasted it onto the painting of the field. I painted Sue's features out (sorry, Sue) with the same Seurat brush to create the look of the back of a woman with blond hair. (below) Finally I used the Impressionist auto painting feature to create the ending image. (The one at the top of this post.) Ah, the wonders of modern technology. I wonder what Monet would say?

No comments:

Post a Comment